Marlin 4 is the perfect gateway to trail riding. It's ideal for new riders who want a mountain bike with knobby tires that can double as a rugged commuter. Disc brakes, front suspension, 21 speeds, and mounts for a rack, fenders, and kickstand make this versatile ride an excellent entry point for new trail riders and campus commuters alike.
It's right for you if...
You want an introductory mountain bike at an incredible price, but also want a commuter that's rugged enough to hop curbs on the way to class. Disc brakes, knobby tires, and 21 speeds make Marlin 4 a great choice.
The tech you get
Marlin 4 has 21 speeds with a wide range of gearing for easy riding on varied terrain. It's modeled after our higher-end mountain bikes and built with a lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminum frame that has internal routing to protect your cables, an integrated kickstand mount, mechanical disc brakes for increased stopping power in any weather conditions, and a suspension fork with 75mm of travel—just enough to absorb the big bumps and keep you cruising.
The final word
Marlin 4's greatest gift is its versatility. It's built in Trek's mountain bike heritage and totally capable of taking on the trails. But it's an efficient daily rider, too. The rack and fender mounts make it a great choice for commuters who want to get a little rad on the way to class or the grocery store.
Why you'll love it
- It's a real mountain bike that's also perfectly suited to daily commutes, rides around campus, or just getting from A to B on any surface.
- The flat mountain-style handlebar and disc brakes keep you in control, on or off the trail.
- Rack and fender mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter.
- Internal cable routing makes it easy to spec your bike with upgraded trail tech, like a dropper post.
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty.